[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”4845″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” style=”vc_box_shadow” css_animation=”fadeIn” image_hovers=”false” lazy_loading=”true”][vc_column_text css_animation=”fadeIn”]
An intended traveler visiting Sri Lanka for holidaying purpose including visiting friends, medical treatment- Ayurvedic, yoga, visiting relatives etc., should obtain ETA approval prior to his/her intended visit to Sri Lanka through www.eta.gov.lk or the Sri Lankan Missions abroad.
All applicants are encouraged to apply through the ETA system in order to avoid unwanted delays.
The ETA is initially limited to 30 days validity from the date of arrival with double entry facility, Two (02) months extension beyond 30 days shall be granted at the Department of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo. However further extension shall only be considered for valid reasons.
Sri Lankan dual citizens, children who are under 21 years of age and whose birth has been registered under Section 5(2) of Citizenship Act – 1948 of Sri Lanka and children born in Sri Lanka to Sri Lankan parents and who are under 21 years of age and currently holding foreign national status, are exempted from visa requirement.
On the basis of reciprocity, citizens of The Republic of Singapore, The Republic of Maldives and The Republic of Seychelles are exempted from the requirement of obtaining ETA to visit Sri Lanka (Those who hold passports of listed countries in this URL and travel to Sri Lanka from 01.08.2019 to 31.01.2020 for tourist purposes are exempted paying ETA fee, in view of enhancing tourist arrivals from designated countries – Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka)
Visitors from Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory coast, Egypt, Nigeria, Palestine and Syria are requested to obtain a pre-arranged visa before arrival or applying through Sri Lanka sponsor for their ETA through the Head Office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_text_separator title=” APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING TOURIST VISA THROUGH ETA” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-desktop” title_align=”separator_align_left” css_animation=”fadeIn” add_icon=”true”][dt_vc_list]
- Submit the application through www.eta.gov.lk and receive the acknowledgment.
- Receive ETA approval to the email given by the applicant in the application.
- Applicants are advised to print the approval received to the email and submit it to the Immigration officers at the Airport when required.
[/dt_vc_list][vc_text_separator title=”APPLYING FOR TOURIST VISA THROUGH THE EMBASSY” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-building” title_align=”separator_align_left” css_animation=”fadeIn” add_icon=”true”][vc_column_text]
An applicant may also apply for Tourist visa through the Sri Lanka Embassy if he/she is unable to apply though the ETA system with submission of the following documents. Tourist Visa Applicants are advised to submit their applications at least one month prior to the intended visit.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & FEES FOR APPLYING TOURIST VISA TO SRI LANKA ” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-file-text” title_align=”separator_align_left” css_animation=”fadeIn” add_icon=”true”][dt_vc_list]
- Duly filled Application for Visit Visa – Form B and Information for Tourist ETA.
- Valid Passport – Passport should be valid for a minimum period of six months from the date of arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Recently taken color photograph (passport size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm).
- Visa fee of AED 130.00 for other nationals, SAARC Countries AED 75.00, should be made in cash at the Embassy. Children of any nationality under 12 years of age are exempted from visa fee, but should obtain a visa.
[/dt_vc_list][vc_text_separator title=”DOWNLOAD DOCUMENTS” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-download” title_align=”separator_align_left” css_animation=”fadeIn” add_icon=”true”][dt_vc_list]
- Quick Guidelines to apply for Tourist Visa to Sri Lanka
- Application for Visit Visa – Form B & Information for Tourist ETA